Friday, April 27, 2012

I probably should just delete all of my old posts and start fresh, but for some reason I just can't do that. So much has happened since I posted last, I don't even know where to start.
  • We have moved. 
  • My husband has had lots of health issues leading to him not working since 11/2010.
  • We had a beautiful baby girl.
  • We have an adorable brand new niece.
  • We have remodeled my parent's house.
  • We now eat gluten, casein, soy and corn free.
Everything that has been happening has forced me to look for ways to be more efficient. My latest effort has been making mixes for the baked goods that we make all the time. Let's face it, it isn't hard to make a cake or cookies from scratch, but it does take a little more time. Time that I don't have on a lot of days. I am praying that this will make it easier to stay on track with our schedule and food budget.

Today I made brownie mixes. It didn't take more than a couple of minutes more to do 6 batches than 1. I think I saved 45 minutes by working ahead. I need to look for some reusable containers for my mixes next. Right now I am just putting them in Ziploc bags. Not perfect, but it will do for now.

I am attaching my printer friendly recipe for fudge brownies. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails