Friday, February 26, 2010

Thrift store finds


Last weekend almost everything was half price at my favorite thrift store. I had a great time searching for bargains. Thanks to all the inspiration from my favorite blogs, I was able to look for things that had fabric that I liked instead of only things that fit perfectly. I picked up 71 items (including a full-length leather trench coat for E) for $76. What a steal!!!

My first project was a boring twin set I picked up for $0.65. I just knew I could come up with something to make it more exciting.
I added some ruffles from an old knit pillowcase that had seen better days, took in the sides and added some darts and this is what I came up with.
 
I was pleased with my first effort to enhance something. I am not so pleased, however, that I didn't even look at my hair before taking the picture. I promise that I really do brush my hair, even if you can't tell it from this picture.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails