Thursday, January 28, 2010

I stashed my stash tonight

I pick up a huge black trash bag full of fabric from my stash at my parents' house on Tuesday so I could start working on quilts and D's birthday gifts. (Yes. I really can't store all of my fabric at my house. Thank goodness my parents have a big garage!) When I got home, I realized that there was no room to store any of it on my shelves. YIKES! I started cutting Tuesday night, but still had a lot of fabric that could not stay in the bag on the schoolroom/craftroom floor. Tonight I pulled all 8 baskets of fabric off my shelves and resorted, folded, and crammed them back into the baskets. Everything is now organized and fits on the shelves except for the pieces I have already cut and 4 pillowcases and 2 men's shirts to turn into dresses for the girls. I even stopped and sewed a quick fleece pillowcase for M out of the scraps from a blanked I made him over 2 years ago. He was so excited! I am really hoping to start piecing my first string quilt tomorrow. I think everything I need is cut and ready to go.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails