Sunday, January 24, 2010

Learning new techniques

I hate to waste any time or material learning new techniques, so I decided to make a nightgown for K and her doll while learning how to do lettuce edging and adding knit ruffles. My first attempt turned out great, except is was too short for K. I had measured correctly and then decided it looked too long, so I cut off some of the length. Fortunately, it will work great for A.


Then I made one for K (using the original measurements!). Note to self - mark the center of the gown before adding the ruffle.

Finally, I made a gown for K's doll. I really am not that fond of making doll clothes. They are way too small to work on. I think it turned out okay, but I am still not pleased with the neckline. I will have to work on it some more next time. Please pardon the bed-head in the photo. K asked me why her doll had messy hair when she went to bed, but it was brushed neatly when she woke up the last time I borrowed her doll for pictures.

I used the T-shirt patterns I cut for the embellished shirts, but did not add the neck band. The material was a knit duvet cover that had been damaged. The ruffled flowers are the scraps from the volunteer T-shirt. I definitely think we got our money's worth out of that shirt!

Check out all the great projects on Fireflies and Jellybeans Show Off Your Stuff Party!

1 comment:

fawnda said...

great job on the little pj's and one for the doll too! Very cute! : )

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails