Scott found this wonderful recipe on Gluten Free Cooking School. Everyone fell in love with the first taste. The only problem is that there are never enough leftovers. The only modification we make is to use casein-free cheese and sour cream. The soy cheese I can find at the grocery store is NOT casein-free. I can only find that cheese at stores like Newflower or Sprouts. The sour cream substitute at the grocery is casein-free, however.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cans black beans, drained
- 2 package gluten free taco seasoning (McCormick brand is our favorite!)
- 24 corn tortillas
- 8 TBSP dairy-free sour cream
- 2 ripe tomato, diced (approx. 48 cherry tomatoes)
- 1.5 c. grated soy cheese (or 12 slices)
- Dice onion and peppers and saute with a little oil or water in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beans, taco seasoning, and a little water (however much the taco seasoning calls for) to the peppers and onions. Stir until taco seasoning is mixed in. Allow to simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Dice the tomatoes and grate the cheese if necessary. Wrap the tortillas in a damp kitchen cloth and microwave for 30 seconds to reheat.
- Assembly: Lay out a corn tortilla. Spread about 1 tsp. of sour cream in a strip down the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle diced tomato, and about 1 Tbsp. of grated cheese over the sour cream. Using a slotted spoon, place the beans on the tortilla in a long strip. Roll the tortilla and place, flap side down, on a plate or casserole dish. Repeat for each enchilada.
- Sprinkle cheese and whichever salsa you like over the top of the enchiladas. Microwave for 15 seconds to melt the cheese, or place under the broiler for a few minutes. Top with sour cream and you’re ready to eat!