Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First t-shirt refashion dress

I am finally started to sew using the stuff I picked up at the thrift store last month. It has been driving me crazy to have all that wonderful fabric and no time to sew any of it. I decided to start with a dress for K. (Being the oldest girl, she has no hand-me-downs to rely on.)

I started with Butterick 6659 nightgown pattern to get the basic shape. I went by the measurements on the envelope, but I think they are off. I am waiting on a friend to stop by to help me cut the pattern down a bit to make it fit a little better before I make any more. 



Even though it is a little big, K declared this dress a success. I can't wait to make more for her and A.

NOTE: I decided that I could not live with it being too big, so I made some modifications. You can see them here

Linked to:

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails