Friday, March 5, 2010

Lentil soup

I found this recipe on the back a bag of lentils several years ago. It makes a nice, hearty soup that my whole family loves. I love how forgiving this recipe is. I don't measure the veggies. I just keep cutting until I get tired.


  • 3 cups spaghetti sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 3/4 cups carrots, chopped
  • 2 1/2 cups lentils (1 bag from grocery store)
  • 8 cups water


Combine all ingredients and cook for 2 hours. I prefer to toss everything in the crockpot and cook on low all day.
Click here for a printer friendly version. 

Check out all the wonderful gluten-free soup ideas at the Gluten-Free Homemaker carnival this week.


Linda said...

The spaghetti sauce in this might make the lentils more appealing to my kids. Thanks for the recipe and for participating in "What can I eat that's gluten free?"

gfe--gluten free easily said...

The spaghetti sauce is definitely a surprise, but I bet it adds so much flavor instantly. Great, easy recipe--thanks!


Related Posts with Thumbnails