Friday, March 5, 2010

Lentil soup

I found this recipe on the back a bag of lentils several years ago. It makes a nice, hearty soup that my whole family loves. I love how forgiving this recipe is. I don't measure the veggies. I just keep cutting until I get tired.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups spaghetti sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 3/4 cups carrots, chopped
  • 2 1/2 cups lentils (1 bag from grocery store)
  • 8 cups water

Directions

Combine all ingredients and cook for 2 hours. I prefer to toss everything in the crockpot and cook on low all day.
Click here for a printer friendly version. 

Check out all the wonderful gluten-free soup ideas at the Gluten-Free Homemaker carnival this week.



2 comments:

Linda said...

The spaghetti sauce in this might make the lentils more appealing to my kids. Thanks for the recipe and for participating in "What can I eat that's gluten free?"

gfe--gluten free easily said...

The spaghetti sauce is definitely a surprise, but I bet it adds so much flavor instantly. Great, easy recipe--thanks!

Shirley

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails