Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lime T-shirt refashion dress

I planned on making K another t-shirt dress from the pattern I adjusted with her pink and purple dress, but I couldn't get this idea out of my head. I just had to make a dress with panels.

I took some algebra and a lot of thinking, but I finally took my adjusted pattern and cut a panel piece that worked with it. I just love this color combination. The green shirt is from my mom, the grey from my dad, and the print from the thrift store ($.59). You can't beat that price.

I added a little top stitching detail for interest around the bodice. I even had a spool of lime green thread on hand. Strange, since that is not a color I ever wear.

Once I finished the dress, it was time for the hair frou-frou. This is the easiest headband ever! I just took the hems from all three shirts and braided them. It took all of 5 minutes, but it really adds a lot to the outfit.
I am just dying to make more t-shirt dresses. I have a whole cabinet of shirts that are calling to me begging to be refashioned.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails