Friday, March 5, 2010

Fudge brownies

My family assures me that brownies are necessary for sustaining life. I was so happy to find that our old brownie recipe handled the transition to gluten-free so well. I always make a double batch and cook them in my Pampered Chef bar pan.

Ingredients

  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup margarine, melted - Earth Balance or Smart Balance with Flax Oil
  • 2/3 cup cocoa
  • 2 cups gluten-free flour mix 2
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (optional, but never used at my house)

Directions

Preheat oven to  350°.

Beat eggs. Add sugar and melted margarine and beat. Add other ingredients and mix well.

Bake in a shallow, greased pan until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Don't overbake. Bake at 350° for 17 minutes.

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails